Thursday, March 27, 2008

Question #7

As a kid, I loved to go in the woods behind my house and imagine that I was in a different world. I would explore along the creek, and I could make my own home away from home, my own little secret hide-out. I always felt so relaxed and happy when I was out there – and I can definitely say that my experiences out there are some of my favorite memories. Most of my favorite memories are from when I was out in “nature.”

Yes – nature is worth working to safe. The reasons for this are endless – so I will give just one. My sister got her master’s degree in family counseling and a part of this included a lot of reading about child development. A problem in our current world is that children are not outside in “nature” enough and instead of going outside and using their imagination, they are placed in more and more structured environments. This clearly negatively effects their development, and when they become adults they have trouble organizing themselves. Again – there are a LOT of reasons that nature is worth saving, so I thought I would mention something that probably would not be discussed.

No comments: